Hey guys, long time no talk. Sorry–I know you have heard that from me a lot lately. You know how it is, life gets busy, prioritizes change, things need to fall by the wayside. For me, the blog is usually the first thing to suffer since I am a “write in the moment” kind of person. I have tried to write up a bunch of posts and keep them in draft, but it just doesn’t work well for me…clearly. So, instead of being long winded…I will update you on some life updates in the past month or so:
- I got promoted at work! (YAY! Cross one of my 2016 goals off!)
- A week later, I got offered a new job at work! (WOOHOO!) I’m now focused on exactly what I want to be doing (more on this in a later post…I hope), but…I am in launch mode and the pressure from senior management is intense, which means working long days/nights. I am really hoping this settles down because it’s not sustainable long term.
- We celebrated Ashton’s 4th birthday, it was amazing but each year goes by faster and faster!
- I went to see Garth Brooks (cross an item off the top of my bucket list!) Hands down best concert I’ve ever seen.
- Traveled back and forth to NYC a few times for work
- Bought living room furniture (now just waiting the 2 months for it to be delivered)
- Been training for my half marathon that is THIS Sunday in Detroit, Michigan (more on this later)
- Booked my tickets with some girlfriends to go to the CMA Country Fest in Nashville in June!
- Trying to nail down our family summer vacation plans (so many ideas in my head–anyone want to help?)
So, those are just some of my life updates. Yeah, I’ve been kind of busy, but it’s all mostly really good things. I miss you all and do try to keep up with you on social media/your blogs as much as I can (even if I am not commenting!) I hope to start posting again more regularly once work settles down a bit. Until then, let me know below what I’ve missed!
Question of the day
What’s new and exciting? Who has been racing? What’s next on your schedule?