While reading one of my favorite blogs, I saw that I was nominated for a Leibester Award by Anita @ Dunwaetin! I was really honored that she thought of me, since I think she is one of the coolest ladies out there and I absolutely love her blog! SO…what exactly is the Liebster Award?
It helps to generate attention for new and upcoming bloggers, generally those with 200 followers or less. As with other awards like the Sisterhood Blogger Award, there are rules:
- Acknowledge the nominating blogger
- Answer 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you
- 11 random facts about yourself
- List some bloggers with fewer than 200 followers that you really feel deserve a little blogging love!
- Let all of the bloggers know you have nominated them. You cannot nominate the blogger that nominated you!
- Post 11 questions for the bloggers you have nominated to answer
And here are Anita’s questions and my answers.
1. What is your favorite vegetable? At this very minute, I’d say it’s a tie between Beets or Brussel sprouts! I go through phases when I eat the same things OVER and OVER again and these are my two go to’s right now! Before that..it was broccoli (clearly there is a B theme happening over here!)
2. Who knows your heart better than anyone? My husband. Without getting all mushy on you, I feel so lucky to have him (although he can drive me crazy at times), he knows me through and through and still chooses to love me. What more could I ever ask for?
3. Where is your favorite place to be? Wow, this is tough, I have a lot of places I love to be. If I had to choose just one, I’d say sitting cross legged on the couch with my son sitting on my lap reading his favorite books with our favorite blanket wrapped around us with. He loves to lean back into me while we read. I love to hear him laugh or point out something new and every now and then, he will turn around and give me a kiss, it’s pretty much heaven!
4. What do you do for work and do you enjoy it? I work as a Medical Alliance Manager for a pharmaceutical company. Basically, my job is to help set the strategy for conferences, advisory boards and thought leader/society engagement in the disease areas we work in and then execute on these strategies through targeted tactics. I have been working for my company for almost 8 years in a variety of capacities and I really love it. I feel very fortunate to be at a company I love and doing a job that challenges and fulfills me.
5. Where is the coolest place you have ever traveled to? I’ve traveled around the world quite a bit, but I lived abroad my junior year of college in Brazil and hands down that was the coolest place I’ve been to. I traveled all over Brazil, spending time in the rainforest in treetop canopies, on the beach, in the big cities and in tiny, remote towns. My favorite place was Bahia, the food, people, culture…incredible!
6. What book could you read over and over? I actually don’t make it a habit to re-read books (or travel to the same spots over and over again), just because there are SO many books out there to read that I’d hate spend time reading something I have already enjoyed when I can be out discovering something else, however, if I had to choose a book to read over again and again, I would probably say either To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee or (and DO NOT JUDGE ME)…Twilight by Stephenie Meyer (the book is way better than the movie). I really enjoyed both books, but clearly for much different reasons, as one is an award winning classic and the other an easy, fantasy filled beach read.
7. What accomplishment are you most proud of? I would have to say getting my MBA. I am the first in my family to go to college and get a Bachelor’s degree and furthering my education was really important to me and my career. I felt the time had finally come for me to do so, so I applied and got accepted into the MBA program I really wanted. Then a few weeks later, I found out I was pregnant. I spent my first year of school pregnant and my second year was completed while taking care of a newborn and working full time. I finished my program 2 weeks before Ashton turned one. I say I am proud of this accomplishment because there were times when I was doubling up my course work so I could graduate in a particular time frame and I didn’t think I could do it. My husband and family were so supportive of me and I am really proud that instead of taking time off, which so many people do when kids are adding to the mix (nothing wrong with that at all), I pushed through and graduated with a stellar GPA.
8. What is your favorite part of your body? My legs, they are muscular and strong.
9. What is your favorite meal of the day? Hands down, breakfast. I usually am up before the sun and working out and when I am finished with my workout, I love to have breakfast. There is nothing more intoxicating than a brand new day, something so full of potential! It’s always my calm before the storm (which is usually a hectic day at work!)
10. When did you start running and why? I haven’t talked about this on the blog, mainly because after almost 4 years, just writing this still makes me cry. I started running in March 2010 after my father was diagnosed with terminal lung cancer. It was the only thing I could do that helped me deal with the stress and sadness of this very sudden and unexpected diagnosis. My parents had been divorced since I was 1 years old and I was all my Dad had so the responsibility for his care was mine. I didn’t mind this at all, it was just a lot to handle as I lived 45 minutes away, worked full time, was commuting 3+ hours a day and was planning a wedding for that May. While knowing the hourglass was running out, I was trying to keep up my daily responsibilities while taking care of my Dad, getting him to all his appointments while trying to savor what little time we had left together. Running became my solace and it was something I needed for me and my emotional health and well being. I continue to run today for different reasons, but it still provides me with comfort and grounding when things get tough.
11. What is your favorite holiday? Halloween. Prior to having our son, there was nothing better than seeing little kids dressed up and running to our door to scream “Trick or Treat” on Halloween night. Giving out candy was one of my most favorite things to do. Now, I love finding the perfect costume for Ashton and sharing with him a holiday that I always loved while growing up. Taking him trick or treating these past two years has given me so much joy, especially seeing his face light up at all the other kids dressed up and running around. I look forward to Halloween every single year!
Eleven Random Facts About Me
- I rented the movie Ten Things I Hate About You so much when I was in high school that Blockbuster gave it to me.
- I am very introverted, which is crazy since my job demands me to be extroverted. I CAN do it, but it exhausts me.
- I haven’t had a cup of coffee since July 2010.
- Now that I am an adult, I feel really badly about how mouthy I was to my Mom as a kid.
- I have one tattoo, that I am currently in the process of getting removed. I love tattoos, I just got mine when I was WAY too young and in a place that I shouldn’t have.
- I have never smoked a cigarette or anything else for that matter.
- I cannot eat (or smell) cooked spinach, just thinking about it makes me gag.
- I haven’t eaten red meat or pork since 1999.
- I wasn’t one of those people who grew up wanting to have kids. Up until 3 years ago, I would have told you that I would never have a child…now that I have Ashton, I can’t believe we almost didn’t even try. He is the best thing we have ever done. However, I can say that without a doubt, he will be an only child.
- She Drives Me Crazy and All She Wants to do is Dance are two of my all time favorite songs, they make me really happy! I am an 80’s girl through and through!
- Our anniversary is 05/05/05–Cinco de Mayo will always be a special holiday in our house!
I read a lot of really great blogs and there are so many people who deserve to be recognized, but since I cannot possible recognize everyone, here is who I will be Paying It Forward to for this award….
Kristy @ Runaway Bridal Planner
Janelle @ Run With No Regrets
Phaedra @ Blisters and Black Toenails
Mar @ Mar on the Run
Running Bear @ Spiritual Creaminess
Cynthia @ You Signed Up for What?
Jenna @ Little Green Running Shoes
Lindsey @ Linds Likes 2 Run
Kristen @ Run Away with Kristen K
Questions for the group:
1. If you could spend the day with one famous person, who would it be and why?
2. What is an attribute you admire in others?
3. If you were stranded on a deserted island, what would be the 3 things you would take with you?
4. If money was no object, what would you choose as your career?
5. What is YOUR greatest achievement?
6. Why did you decide to start blogging?
7. What is your biggest pet peeve?
8.What is your favorite pizza toppings?
9. What is the theme song of your life?
10. If you had $1,000 that you could spend on anything, what would you spend it on?
Thanks again Anita, this was a ton of fun. My friends above, I cannot wait to see all of your answers. Enjoy!!
Question of the day
What are some of your favorite blogs to read?